Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ghosts and Spirits

There is nothing better than a good ghost story. The kind that gives you goose bumps, chills, and sends your heart thumping so hard you hear it in your ears. The kind that leaves you on the edge of your emotions soon after it starts, because you know it's coming. Something.


A few nights ago, I watched "Woman in Black" for the 20th time. Okay, I don't know if that's exactly right, but I do watch it every Halloween and sometimes once during the year. It's a 1989 production starring Adrian Rawlins. It's a very old-fashioned kind of ghost story and really awesome.The kind that is subtle but scary as hell. Maybe it's so good because, well, it could be real.

I love this movie. It's hard to get a hold of (luckily I have an old taped copy that's lasted all these years) but if you are lucky enough to be able to, do it!


So when I found out they were remaking it with the Harry Potter actor, I was a little worried at first. It's such a classic and and I don't want them to ruin it. But I've seen the trailer and it looks pretty good. It won't be out until February, and I will be there, wrapped in goose down, for opening day.


On a side note and a strange Bend connection, before we had decided to move to Bend, we visited a few weekends to look at houses and the area. We noticed that a local theater group was putting on the production of "The Woman in Black." We couldn't believe it! It was an extremely obscure movie and there it was. One of our favorites. We bought tickets, loved the play, and considered it a sign post.

Anyway, I raise a glass of spirits and wish you all a most excellent Halloween this year! 
Jools


No comments:

Post a Comment